Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm a rattlesnake, babe, i'm like fuel on fire.

Yeah, when I was only seventeen I could hear the angels whispering. So I drove into the woods and wandered aimlessly about until I heard my mother shouting through the fog. It turned out to be the howling of a dog. Or a wolf, to be exact. The sound sent shivers down my back. But I was drawn into the pack and before long they allowed me to join in and sing their song. So from the cliffs and highest hills, yeah, we would gladly get our fill, howling endlessly and shrilly at the dawn. And I lost the taste for judging right from wrong for my flesh had turned to fur and my thoughts they surely were turned to instinct and obedience to God.

You can wear your fur like a river on fire; but you'd better be sure, if you're making God a liar. I'm a rattlesnake, babe, I'm like fuel on fire. So if you're gonna get made don't be afraid of what you've learned.

Song: Furr




Artist: Blitzen Trapper
Album: Furr







Standout Tracks: Furr, God & Suicide, Black River Killer


So you make no mistake; I know just what it takes
To pull a man’s soul back from heaven’s gates
I’ve been wandering in the dark about as long as sin
But they say it’s never too late to start again

Then I went to the river ford to take a swim
You know that black river water is as black as sin
And I washed myself clean as a newborn babe
And then I picked up a rock for to sharpen my blade

Oh when, oh when
Will the spirit come a calling for my soul to sin
Oh when, oh when
Will the keys to the kingdom be mine again?

Song: Black River Killer